Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BR 1-14: The Story of Chocolate

"Monkeys knew all about the pods. They liked to break them open and suck out the sweet, white pulp." (p. 5)


The reason why I chose this book is that I love chocolate. I knew chocolate is made from cacao beans, but I didn't know its history. I enjoyed reading this book. I was surprised to know monkeys sucked out the sweet, white pulp of cocoa trees pods at first, and a farmer copied them. I also didn't know cocoa beans were used as money. I think people really liked chocolate, and it is the necessity of their lives. The second half of this story, there are many popular chocolate inventors and products name, for example, Coenraad Van Houten, Nestle, kisses, and M&M's. After I finished reading this book, I wanted to eat chocolate!


Daynes, Katie. (2004).
The Story of Chocolate.
London, England.
[133words/10012words]

No comments:

Post a Comment

fukufuku218@gmail.com