Monday, July 30, 2012

BR 1-10: The Elves and the Shoemaker

"They might have lost their magic helpers, but now they were in business again. They had plenty of customers and lots of ideas for new shoes." (p. 46)


I read this story when I was a child. I like this story very much. Especially, I like a scene that two elves made shoes in the shoemaker's workshop midnight. They made them to be free other elves from the shoe seller. They thought if the shoe seller's low quality shoes lose their popularity, they don't have to be forced into working. They were clever. I think that the reason why two elves chose the shoemaker's shoes shop is shoes which he made are high quality and won the confidence of many customers. In addition, the shoemaker and his wife are very kind, and they had pure hearts so elves might bring them profits.


Grimm, Jacob, & Grimm, Wilhelm. (2004).
The Elves and the Shoemaker.
London, England.
[141words/9466words]

No comments:

Post a Comment

fukufuku218@gmail.com